OK... the fight we’ve all been fearing is most definitely, “ON.”
Many in the general and business aviation community have been concerned about the Trump Administration's plans for the ‘Next Generation’ of Air Traffic Control -- and with Thursday’s publication of the administration's budget, we now, regretfully, know that Trump will push for the Privatization of ATC... to the potential detriment of many in aviation who are not part of the airlines ‘aerostocracy.’ Hear this... you better NOT miss Oshkosh 2017... because it’s going to be a CLASSIC year! NASA astronauts Buzz Aldrin of Apollo 11, and Harrison “Jack” Schmitt of Apollo 17 -- representing the crews who made the space program’s first and last lunar landings, will attend Oshkosh this year as part of the Apollo program reunion on Friday, July 28. Previously confirmed astronauts attending the event include Frank Borman (Apollo 8), Walt Cunningham (Apollo 7), Fred Haise (Apollo 13), Jim Lovell (Apollo 8 and Apollo 13), and Al Worden (Apollo 15). The
B-29, ‘Doc’ has officially completed ‘phase one’ of its flight test operations, with the FAA approving a new airworthiness certificate for the historic warbird. This approval means Doc’s Friends, Inc. can begin touring with the airplane -- albeit with with reduced flight limitations. All this -- and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 03.17.17 is chock full of info in this Daily News Episode, Friday, March 17th, 2017... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Hosts Brianne Cross, Christopher Odom, and Laura Hutson, and is supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalist Tom Patton, this episode covers:
- GA Prepares To Battle President’s Ill-Advised ATC Privatization Plan
- More Astronauts Confirmed To Attend Apollo Reunion At AirVenture
- FAA Approves New Airworthiness Certificate For B-29 Doc
- Shotwell: SpaceX Will Launch First Previously-Flown Rocket This Month
- Huerta To Address AUVSI Symposium
- FreeFlight Systems Partners With Becker Avionics
- Concorde Battery Corporation Announces New RG Series Batteries
- WingX Pro7 Adds Enhanced ADS-B Traffic And Altitude-Based Weather
- DC Court Of Appeals To Hear Phoenix Flight Path Case
- Celebrating The Christen Eagle’s 40th At AirVenture
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne Unlimited" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, tomorrow!
© 2017, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.