Former AOPA president and CEO Craig Fuller says that the meeting last week between airline executives and President Donald Trump was a missed opportunity for the aviation community to outline a path for the modernization of the nation's air transportation system.
Fuller said that the entire aviation community, including the airlines, have been at the table with FAA leadership developing recommendations for the NAS. But with only airlines represented at the meeting with the President, only a very narrow point of view was represented. This week, flying car manufacturer PAL-V has officially started the sales of its commercial models, the Liberty Pioneer and Liberty Sport. Following the successful test programs of their concept vehicles in 2009 and 2012, PAL-V started the design of the commercial products that are now being launched... Production of drones for personal and commercial use is growing rapidly, with global market revenue expected to increase 34 percent to reach more than $6 billion in 2017 and grow to more than $11.2 billion by 2020, according to a new forecast from Gartner, Inc. Almost three million drones will be produced in 2017, 39 percent more than in 2016. The overall drone market will see substantial growth, but the dynamics of the personal and
commercial submarkets are very different. All this -- and MORE in today's episode of Airborne!!!
Airborne 02.16.17 is chock full of info in this Daily News Episode, Thursday, February 16th, 2017... Presented by Aero-TV veteran videographer and Airborne Hosts Brianne Cross, Christopher Odom, and Laura Hutson, and is supported by ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell, Chief Videographer Nathan Cremisino, and Aero-Journalist Tom Patton, this episode covers:
- Fuller: Airline Meeting With President Trump A Missed Opportunity
- The First 'Flying Car' Company To Start Selling Commercial Models
- Report: Almost 3 Million Personal And Commercial Drones Will Be Shipped In 2017
- Potshots Taken At FAA Radar Tower In Colorado
- Aero-Community Update: AEA 2017 Is Fast Approaching
- JetPack Aviation Introduces 'Flying Car' Concept
- USMC Releases Harrier Airshow Demonstration Schedule
- 'Against The Wind' Documentary Seeks Crowdfunding
- Nigerian Airlines Now Under Government Control
- Lawrence, KS Officials Have Questions About Skydiving
Get Comprehensive, Real-Time, 24/7 coverage of the latest aviation and aerospace stories anytime, at aero-news.net. And be sure to join us again next week for the next edition of "Airborne Unlimited" here on Aero-TV. Thanks for watching. See you, again, tomorrow!
© 2017, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.