Sun, Aug 12, 2012
Scouring the information super airways can sometimes be a tough, if educational, task for the Aero-News staff... but it also allows us to check out some truly neat and exciting sites, so it's not that bad a gig. On any given day, we may check dozens (and often hundreds) of different sources for story ideas, and facts confirmation. And, as is the nature of our business, much of this is done on the Internet.
The ANN gang decided we probably shouldn't keep some of the neat sites, info resources, and organizations we've discovered to ourselves... so we decided to bring you Aero-Linx. These are the sites that WE check out -- when we need added perspective, a new spin on a day's topic... or just want to escape into cyber-aero-space for awhile.
Look for some of our favorite sites, coming each day to ANN via Aero-Linx. Suggestions for future Aero-Linx segments are always welcome, as well.
Aero Linx: Michigan Private Airstrip Owners Association (MPAOA)
"To promote, protect and advance the interests of private airstrip owners in Michigan..." -- Our Goals:
- Standardization of local regulations governing privately owned airstrips by all categories of municipal governments.
- Strive for official recognition by the MDOT Aviation Division of the existence of privately owned airstrips.
- Work to prevent unfair assessment, classification and taxation of privately owned airstrips.
- Pursue local and State legislation to protect private airstrip owners from confiscation and encroachment of air rights brought about by actions of neighbors, utilities and other commercial entities.
- Work to limit liability exposure for privately owned airstrips.
- Work to get privately owned airstrips recognized and protected under the Tall Structures Act.
- Work with legislature, local governments and utilities to minimize hazards to private airstrips.
Republic Airways Completes Sale To Investment Fund Republic Airways Holdings Inc. has closed on the sale of Frontier Airlines to an investment fund affiliated with Indigo Partners >[...]
It's Not Enough To Simply Get More Power... You Have To Do It Right ANN CEO and Editor-In-Chief Jim Campbell meets with Jim Shafer of Power Flow Exhaust Systems at EAA AirVenture 2>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2013-24-14 PRODUCT: Diamond Aircraft Industries GmbH Models DA40 and DA40F airplanes.>[...]
AD NUMBER: AD 2013-22-19 PRODUCT: All Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation Model GV and GV-SP airplanes.>[...]
NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots The NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots, more commonly referred to as NJASAP, represents the professional interests of the 3>[...]