Sat, Sep 01, 2012
KY Gov. Beshear Announces Grants Totaling More Than $2 Million
Governor Steve Beshear said Thursday that the FAA has awarded more than $2 million in grants for nine Kentucky airports for needed improvements that include runways, taxiways and rehabilitation of runway lighting.
“Airports are vital to Kentucky’s economy,” Gov. Beshear said. “It is essential that our airports are kept safe, well-maintained and up to date, and FAA funding is indispensable for such projects.”
The total value of the grants is $2,073,851. The projects approved by the FAA include:
- Ashland Regional Airport – $843,226 to purchase land to redesign and relocate a taxiway to meet FAA guidelines.
- Big Sandy Regional Airport, Prestonsburg – $300,000 for rehabilitation of runway lighting to maintain safe airfield operations in low-visibility conditions.
- Glasgow Municipal Airport – $297,366 to acquire land for a runway approach to enhance protection and safety.
- Kyle-Oakley Field Airport, Murray – $176,613 to construct a parking lot and expand an access road.
- Mount Sterling-Montgomery County Airport – $126,055 to update the airport layout plan and narrative report to help identify future airport development needs.
- Princeton-Caldwell County Airport – $105,000 to remove obstructions in one runway approach and to acquire land for development and enhancement to approaches.
- Stuart Powell Field Airport, Danville – $100,000 for an environmental study related to proposed land acquisition and Runway Safety Area Improvement.
- Cynthiana-Harrison County Airport – $74,741 to identify and remove obstructions in a runway approach.
- Morehead-Rowan County Clyde A. Thomas Regional Airport – $50,850 for construction of a hangar.
The FAA's Airport Improvement Program (AIP) provides grants to public agencies — and, in some cases, to private owners and entities -- for the planning and development of public-use airports that are included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS).
Also: UK CAA, E-Fest 2015, Citizens In Space, Gulfstream G500, Dassault Falcon Jet, CFM LEAP-1A, Tuskegee's Milton Crenchaw ANN Airborne Link: /index.cfm?do=video.playVideo&vid>[...]
Piece Is A Panel From The Interstage Module From ISS Resupply Mission CRS-4 Launched Over A Year Ago A panel from a SpaceX Falcon 9 booster was found floating in the ocean Thursday>[...]
National Coalition for Aviation Education The National Coalition for Aviation Education is a membership organization that was formed in 1993 when the founding member groups signed >[...]
A general term applied to any instrument or device that records information about the performance of an aircraft in flight or about conditions encountered in flight.>[...]
"The markings show an American flag. It looks like it’s an American rocket and is similar to the unmanned SpaceX Falcon 9 which blew up shortly after take-off from Cape Canav>[...]