Wed, Jan 11, 2017
The Sonex And Waiex Model B Airplanes have now been joined by the B-Model Xenos Motorglider
Sonex Aircraft has just announced their new Xenos B-Model aircraft kit! Sonex says the Xenos-B combines all of the enhancements of the Sonex and Waiex B-Models with the motorglider performance and value of the Xenos. The Xenos-B is available to order now, with a Complete Airframe Kit base price of $27,495. Kit shipments are estimated to begin in March of this year.
"We're very excited to bring the huge improvements of the Sonex and Waiex B-Models to the Xenos motorglider," writes Sonex Aircraft General Manager Mark Schaible. "This change has been requested by many prospective Xenos Motorglider customers and brings all of our two-place aircraft up to the same enhanced B-Model specification. B-Model fuselage changes for the Xenos also bring expanded payload opportunities to the Teros UAV program, which we are continually developing in-conjunction with Navmar Applied Sciences Corporation."
Xenos B-Model enhancements include:
- More Room and Comfort.
- Sonex and Waiex B-Models are enlarged via straightening of the forward fuselage sides, and feature improved creature comforts.
- More width and comfort at the shoulders, hips, knees and feet.
- Seat back is moved aft, and new seating geometry accommodates taller individuals. Staggered seating is available via upholstery seat back cushions.
- Center “Y-Stick” offers dual controls with easier cockpit entry and roomier seating.
- The enlarged B-Model instrument panel offers plenty of space for today’s popular dual-screen avionics installations (including the MGL iEFIS Explorer 8.5” displays) with room to spare.
More Engine Options:
- A new Universal Cowl is designed to fit many popular engine options. Builders can experience the same great firewall-forward support for AeroVee/AeroVee Turbo and Jabiru engines, and in addition, B-Model engine mounts are available for UL Power and Rotax 912-series engines.
- The new B-Model fuel tank holds 20 US gallons – a 4-gallon increase over the original Xenos!
More Standard Features and Less Build Time:
- Xenos B-Model kits come with more of what builders need to finish their aircraft in the shortest time possible.
- Machined Angle Components Included.
- AeroBrake Hydraulic Brakes Included.
- Dual Throttle Quadrants Included.
- AeroConversions Trim System Included.
- ABS Molded Cockpit Side Panels, Cable and Pushrod Fairings Included.
- Precision-molded cowling is installed quickly and easily.
- Engine mount bolts quickly and accurately to the airframe.
- More laser-cut, formed and machined parts to reduce fabrication time and ease construction.
- Machined Canopy Bows for easier canopy installation with a perfect fit.
Sonex says the best part of a Sonex Aircraft is the way it flies, and the B-Model Xenos will be no-exception. Lightening the aircraft in key areas without sacrificing structural integrity gives the B-Model a very similar weight despite its larger size. Takeoff, climb, cruise, stall, and landing specifications are the same between B-Models and the original generation aircraft. More engine options with 100 hp or more offers more options for enhanced performance with a B-Model.
The Xenos can either be flown as a Sport Pilot/LSA, or it can be flown by pilots that hold a glider rating with a self-launch glider endorsement. The Xenos can be flown as a powered aircraft, a self-launched glider that soars with the engine off, or it can motor-soar over great distances with incredible fuel economy. The Xenos also comes standard with utility wing tips that can be easily removed to allow the aircraft to fit inside a 40 foot hangar, and can be quickly interchanged with optional aerobatic wingtips.
(Image provided by Sonex Aircraft)
Also: Boom Supersonic, Boeing 747-8, Boeing Grant, IKE's 300,000th, Rocket Lab, Duncan Aviation, Xplorer Mini Continental Motors seems to have a lot of faith in the future of aviat>[...]
Also: Safety Focus, Aero-Calendar, Mechanic Pay, Alaska Airlines, GAMA, CA Aviation Hall Of Fame, Gogo Biz 4G Dynon’s new dual band SV-ADSB-472 receives ADS-B traffic via 978>[...]
Scratches The Airplane From National Air Race In Reno The iconic World Cup winner and Formula 1 Air Racer "Hot Stuff", flown by Thom Richard will not be participating in the 2017 R>[...]
New Technical Cooperation Project Managed By EASA Unveiled The European Union (EU) and South Asian states recently celebrated the launch of a new project to enhance their ties in c>[...]
AD Number: 2017-06-09 Product: Certain Boeing Model 787-8 airplanes.>[...]