Tue, Jun 12, 2012
Federal Dollars Allocated For GA Airport Improvement In Vermont, Maine
Five Vermont airports are in line for $1.2 million in FAA funds to conduct repairs and enhancements, the state’s congressional delegation – Sen. Patrick Leahy, Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rep. Peter Welch – announced last week. The funds will be shared among Burlington International Airport, Middlebury State Airport, Rutland/Southern Vermont Regional Airport, Caledonia County Airport (Lyndonville) and William H. Morse State Airport (Bennington).
In a joint statement, Leahy, Sanders and Welch said, “In a rural state like Vermont, regional airports help connect Vermont businesses and individuals to the world. Ensuring the reliability and safety of these regional hubs is incredibly important to Vermont’s economy.”
The Vermont airport to receive funding include:
- Burlington International Airport – $272,070. This project will rehabilitate the existing taxiway pavement. The taxiway connects the terminal to the runway.
- Middlebury State Airport – $180,000. This project will extend the runway safety area, the surface surrounding the runway that reduces the risk of damage to airplanes in the event of an undershoot, overshoot or excursion from the runway.
- Rutland/Southern Vermont Regional Airport – $400,000. This grant will fund the replacement of obstruction lights, which help visually identify obstructions or hazards to air navigation.
- Caledonia County Airport/Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport – $200,000. This grant will fund runway rehabilitation projects.
- William H. Morse State Airport (Bennington) – $150,000. This grant will fund a runway rehabilitation project.
Not too far away, the FAA is awarding over $600,000 in AIP grants to four airports in Maine, according to the Associated Press. The money is slated for design work on a terminal building at Hancock County-Bar Harbor airport in Trenton, rehabilitation of the apron at Dexter Regional Airport, snow removal equipment at Eastport Municipal Airport, and an updated airport master plan for Millinocket Municipal airport.
Also: Parrot Layoffs, CES/AMA Expo/KSMO, 737 SAIB, Piper PA-31T, John Pope, Washington State, JetBlue Disturbance Pending sanctioning from the recognizing organizations, it looks l>[...]
"But, all is not right in NIMBYville... the internal infighting among the foes of the airport has become quite public and quite vicious. Anti-airport NIMBYs are accusing the city g>[...]
February 4th 'Protest' Promises Disruptions Of Law-Abiding Aero-Businesses The foes of aviation surrounding Santa Monica are making threats to further disrupt aviation business at >[...]
Klyde Jumps On The Medical Reform Bandwagon... and Misses FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]
Updates Information Originally Published In 2015 Duncan Aviation wants to ensure that our customers, who share our passion for flying, are well-informed when it comes to the FAA&rs>[...]