Sun, Aug 12, 2012
Scouring the information super airways can sometimes be a tough, if educational, task for the Aero-News staff... but it also allows us to check out some truly neat and exciting sites, so it's not that bad a gig. On any given day, we may check dozens (and often hundreds) of different sources for story ideas, and facts confirmation. And, as is the nature of our business, much of this is done on the Internet.
The ANN gang decided we probably shouldn't keep some of the neat sites, info resources, and organizations we've discovered to ourselves... so we decided to bring you Aero-Linx. These are the sites that WE check out -- when we need added perspective, a new spin on a day's topic... or just want to escape into cyber-aero-space for awhile.
Look for some of our favorite sites, coming each day to ANN via Aero-Linx. Suggestions for future Aero-Linx segments are always welcome, as well.
Aero Linx: Michigan Private Airstrip Owners Association (MPAOA)
"To promote, protect and advance the interests of private airstrip owners in Michigan..." -- Our Goals:
- Standardization of local regulations governing privately owned airstrips by all categories of municipal governments.
- Strive for official recognition by the MDOT Aviation Division of the existence of privately owned airstrips.
- Work to prevent unfair assessment, classification and taxation of privately owned airstrips.
- Pursue local and State legislation to protect private airstrip owners from confiscation and encroachment of air rights brought about by actions of neighbors, utilities and other commercial entities.
- Work to limit liability exposure for privately owned airstrips.
- Work to get privately owned airstrips recognized and protected under the Tall Structures Act.
- Work with legislature, local governments and utilities to minimize hazards to private airstrips.
Next Step: Maiden Flight In First Quarter 2015 Dassault Aviation on Wednesday rolled back the curtains on the ultra long range Falcon 8X, the company's new flagship and the latest >[...]
Some Of Its Aircraft Are On Loan From Company Reorganizing Under Bankruptcy Laws The Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum in McMinnville, OR says that it is doing just fine, thank y>[...]
Also: Comet Water Differences, Garmin Datalink, Bogert Battery Boxes, WSI/iOs, Mistletoe Copter Fail Airbus hasn't seen a single airline order for its double-decker A380 superjumbo>[...]
Six Fatally Injured When Plane Impacted A Home The NTSB had released its preliminary report from an accident which occurred December 8, 2014 involving an Embraer EMB-500 Phenom 100>[...]
Also: $1M Aero-Photo, Draken Gets A-4s, 'Super Dell' Acts Super Dumb, Legendary Bell 47, Osprey Hours Evergreen Vintage Aircraft, LLC, the company that owns many of the aircraft on>[...]