Sun, Aug 12, 2012
Scouring the information super airways can sometimes be a tough, if educational, task for the Aero-News staff... but it also allows us to check out some truly neat and exciting sites, so it's not that bad a gig. On any given day, we may check dozens (and often hundreds) of different sources for story ideas, and facts confirmation. And, as is the nature of our business, much of this is done on the Internet.
The ANN gang decided we probably shouldn't keep some of the neat sites, info resources, and organizations we've discovered to ourselves... so we decided to bring you Aero-Linx. These are the sites that WE check out -- when we need added perspective, a new spin on a day's topic... or just want to escape into cyber-aero-space for awhile.
Look for some of our favorite sites, coming each day to ANN via Aero-Linx. Suggestions for future Aero-Linx segments are always welcome, as well.
Aero Linx: Michigan Private Airstrip Owners Association (MPAOA)
"To promote, protect and advance the interests of private airstrip owners in Michigan..." -- Our Goals:
- Standardization of local regulations governing privately owned airstrips by all categories of municipal governments.
- Strive for official recognition by the MDOT Aviation Division of the existence of privately owned airstrips.
- Work to prevent unfair assessment, classification and taxation of privately owned airstrips.
- Pursue local and State legislation to protect private airstrip owners from confiscation and encroachment of air rights brought about by actions of neighbors, utilities and other commercial entities.
- Work to limit liability exposure for privately owned airstrips.
- Work to get privately owned airstrips recognized and protected under the Tall Structures Act.
- Work with legislature, local governments and utilities to minimize hazards to private airstrips.
Also: Solo Circumnavigation, Redbird Migration, Hartzell Propeller, WACO Air Museum, Corporate Angel, Legion Pod, Delta Compensation Last week two fixed base operations located on >[...]
Also: Zenith Open Hangar Days, KSMO Nonsense, Recalled Devices, Piper M600, 800th TBM, NASAO, Commercial Space The pilot of the last piston airplane based at San Francisco Internat>[...]
Team Has Mandated A Rest Period Every Two Months Following Fatal Accident The Blue Angels recently announced they will not be performing at the NAS Patuxent River Air Expo Oct. 29 >[...]
Women Soaring Pilots Association The WSPA was founded June 11, 1986 in Tucson, AZ. The charter meeting was the result of a year's effort and input by the pilots who attended the 19>[...]
Used by ATC to inform a pilot that he/she will no longer be provided any of the services that could be received while in radar contact.>[...]