Oshkosh 2012 Sponsor: Bendix-King by Honeywell
Oneof the best known and most lauded names in avionics history, Bendix-King, is swiftly putting the GA world on notice that they not only intend to maintain a presence in this industry, but are preparing to provide GA with the next generation of avionics innovation.
The history of the Bendix name runs parallel to the development of King Radio until the mid-1980s, when the Allied Corporation purchased Bendix Aviation and King Radio and combined the two to create the now-renowned Bendix/King brand of avionics.
In 1999, AlliedSignal merged with Honeywell and adopted the Honeywell name to take advantage of the company's universal recognition throughout the industries it serves as well as in households around the world. Shortly after the merger was completed, Honeywell announced that due to pilot recognition and loyalty, it would retain the Bendix/King brand for its general aviation avionics. Today, the company is known as Bendix/King by Honeywell.
The tradition of leadership and innovation continues with Bendix/King. Along with our new business operations we have renewed our brand — and our promise — to design, build and support the best-performing, most innovative and cost-effective avionics products available for general aviation. Soon, they promise an all-new product line!
The first two new offerings have just been announced...
KMA 30 Bluetooth® enabled Audio Control Panel
The KMA 30 is a six-place (intercom for use in two-six seat aircraft) audio panel that improves pilots’ flexibility and control of all radio and audio systems. The KMA 30 is a convenient “slide in” replacement for select older audio panels. This convenient “Plug and Play” capability saves the expense of re-wiring the entire avionics suite. It includes the following features:
- Flexible radio and music distribution is easily controlled during flight and enables the pilot to adjust how radio communications, cell phone audio and entertainment are distributed throughout the cockpit and to the passengers.
- Secondary radio monitoring options include Isolate mode, which ensures that communications on the primary radio are always heard; the secondary entertainment radio is automatically muted when frequency transmissions overlap.
- Pilot-controlled Bluetooth integration with cell phones and portable entertainment devices eliminates the need for audio wires in the cockpit.
- Recording and playback of recent radio transmissions through the approach control ensure that critical communications are received and understood, improving pilot and passenger safety.
Also Introduced... my|WingMan Navigator for iPad
Navigator app for iPad worth checking out. With two- and three-way split-screen charts, myWingMan lets you easily modify the screen to provide the information you want, however you want it. Swap windows with just two fingers: drag and drop. It’s completely intuitive.
The development brief for myWingMan could be summed up in three words: Keep It Simple. The goal, after all, was to make every aspect of conducting a flight easier—from pre-flight planning, to enroute navigation, to enhanced situational and positional awareness, to interaction with certified aircraft systems.
With both two- and three-way split-screen charts, myWingMan lets you easily modify the screen to provide the information you want, however you want it. Use the Function Wheel to select the information you want in the main window. Swap windows with just two fingers: drag and drop. It’s completely intuitive. No menus, or manuals, required.
Did You Know? Cool Facts About Bendix-King by Honeywell
- Bendix/King is a leading global supplier of light aircraft avionics
- On January 1, 2012, Bendix/King became a separate operating enterprise of Honeywell Aerospace. Now, it functions as an enterprise that is a consumer-focused driven business
- Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- A Part 23, Part 27, LSA & experimental certified and non-certified avionics and accessory supplier for light aircraft (<6000lbs)
- Bendix/King ships over $100 million in parts of new and overhauled products
Bendix-King by Honeywell News
FMI: www.bendixking.com, Visit Bendix/King at Oshkosh Booths 313, 314 and 2162