Fri, May 06, 2011
Organizers Promise A Day Of Aviation Fun For The Whole
The Easton Airport (KESN) will host Maryland's first festival of
flight on Saturday, May 14th from 0800 - 1700 EDT.
The Festival will feature information sessions presented by the
Federal Aviation Administration's Safety Team Representatives as
well as local aviation vendors.
FAA Safety Seminars will be offered through the day presented by
FAAST team members from Maryland:
- 0900 - "Understanding Field Approvals, STC and 337 Forms"
Presented by Dave Garey, Principal Maintenance Inspector, Baltimore
- 1000 - "Approach and Landing" Presented by Ronald Levy, ATP,
- 1100 - "The New NOTAMS, What You Need To Know" Presented by
Gary L. Prock, AIM NOTAM Group, Senior Policy and Procedure
- 1200 - Lunch and MAMA's Rollout of the Explore MD by Air
- 1200 - "The FAASTeam & WINGS, What's In It For You"
Presented by Michael Bevan, CFI.
- 1400 - "Pilot Fatigue, What You Don't Know May Kill You"
Presented by Colonel Anthony Rizzo, USAF Flight Surgeon.
- 1500 - "Experimental & Light Sport - A How To Guide"
Presented by Andrew Riel, CFI and Steve Torzone, CFI.
There will also be:
- 0800 breakfast hosted by the Maryland Aiport Managers
- Spatial Disorientation demonstrations using the Barany
- Airworthiness Amnesty Program (bring your aircraft
- Tower Tours: Conducted hourly - sign up at the registration
desk, first come first served.
- Display by EA Region Rwy Safety Office.
- Exhibitors displaying aircraft including both new planes and
Participants will experience a special unveiling of the new
Explore Maryland by Air program sponsored by the Maryland Airport
Managers Association (MAMA) as well as tower tours, a warbird
display, and information on flight instruction opportunities.
It Was A Big Day For The U.S. National Aerobatic Team As Rob Holland Takes The Gold In The Four Minute Free Program On August 29 It’s been reported on the International Aerob>[...]
FAA NAS Systems Engineering Portal (SEP) This site renames the NAS Enterprise Architecture Portal and acknowledges a more robust systems engineering and planning perspective along >[...]
The maximum speed an aircraft can be safely flown while the landing gear is extended.>[...]
"Business Aviation’s global CO2 emissions are very small, being approximately 2 percent of all aviation and .04 percent of global man-made carbon emissions." Source: Excerpt >[...]
Razor, Pepper Spray Used In Conflict Between Two Women On Board Two women on board a JetBlue flight from Kingston, Jamaica to JFK airport in New York got into a brawl as the flight>[...]