Fri, May 06, 2011
Organizers Promise A Day Of Aviation Fun For The Whole
The Easton Airport (KESN) will host Maryland's first festival of
flight on Saturday, May 14th from 0800 - 1700 EDT.
The Festival will feature information sessions presented by the
Federal Aviation Administration's Safety Team Representatives as
well as local aviation vendors.
FAA Safety Seminars will be offered through the day presented by
FAAST team members from Maryland:
- 0900 - "Understanding Field Approvals, STC and 337 Forms"
Presented by Dave Garey, Principal Maintenance Inspector, Baltimore
- 1000 - "Approach and Landing" Presented by Ronald Levy, ATP,
- 1100 - "The New NOTAMS, What You Need To Know" Presented by
Gary L. Prock, AIM NOTAM Group, Senior Policy and Procedure
- 1200 - Lunch and MAMA's Rollout of the Explore MD by Air
- 1200 - "The FAASTeam & WINGS, What's In It For You"
Presented by Michael Bevan, CFI.
- 1400 - "Pilot Fatigue, What You Don't Know May Kill You"
Presented by Colonel Anthony Rizzo, USAF Flight Surgeon.
- 1500 - "Experimental & Light Sport - A How To Guide"
Presented by Andrew Riel, CFI and Steve Torzone, CFI.
There will also be:
- 0800 breakfast hosted by the Maryland Aiport Managers
- Spatial Disorientation demonstrations using the Barany
- Airworthiness Amnesty Program (bring your aircraft
- Tower Tours: Conducted hourly - sign up at the registration
desk, first come first served.
- Display by EA Region Rwy Safety Office.
- Exhibitors displaying aircraft including both new planes and
Participants will experience a special unveiling of the new
Explore Maryland by Air program sponsored by the Maryland Airport
Managers Association (MAMA) as well as tower tours, a warbird
display, and information on flight instruction opportunities.
Innovative Avionics Powerhouse Showcases Latest Developments It's been a great year for L-3 Aviation Products. In less than six months, they've finetuned some ground-breaking produ>[...]
OSH2016 Sponsor: Always-Innovative Aspen Avionics Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced display and sensor technology from the >[...]
Also: AEA Giveaway, 44 Trips To OSH, Airbus Drones, Future Pilots, NTSB Training, Air BP, Boeing Forecast, ALPA Milestone ONE Aviation has provided ANN with the initial outline for>[...]
Get The EARLY Inside Details On THE Most Exciting NEW Innovations And Product Announcements From OSHKOSH... The staff of EAA and the Aero-News Network are pleased to announce that >[...]