Thu, Jul 26, 2012
Oshkosh 2012 Sponsor: Hilton Software
Founded in 2003, Hilton Software LLC is a market-leader in the development of leading-edge aviation software for General Aviation, Commercial, and Military pilots. WingX specialized in software for smartphones and tablet devices, including iOS and Android platforms.
The latest version of the WingX Pro 7 software features Track Up capability. By leveraging the multi-layered architecture of its patent-pending split-screen technology, WingX Pro7 seamlessly rotates VFR and IFR enroute charts so that the aircraft is always traveling up the screen. WingX Pro7 rotates airport and fix identifiers, VOR identifiers and frequencies, as well as ADS-B weather and traffic and other important information.
Earlier this year, the company rolled out the addition of ADS-B traffic to WingX Pro7 that seamlessly integrates traffic targets into its unique patent-pending dual-screen moving map. WingX Pro7 supports 1090 MHz ADS-B traffic and as well as 978 MHz ADS-B traffic. WingX Pro 7’s moving map now highlights obstacles on enroute charts and dynamically declutters the screen as the user pinch-zooms. Flight Simulation Mode that enables pilots to pre-fly an entire flight, portion of a flight, or an approach into an airport.
Previous updates include Synthetic Vision, terrain overlays, and the new Passive RADAR Altimeter delivered right to your smartphone or tablet device. WingX is aviailable as an app download from both the Google and Apple app stores.
Did You Know? Great Facts About WingX!
- WingX is available for most popular mobile devices operating both iOS and Android operating systems.
- WingX makes packages available for regional carriers and major airlines.
- Track Up represents your route of flight so that it always is traveling up the screen.
- WingX Pro7 rotates airport and fix identifiers, VOR identifiers and frequencies, as well as ADS-B weather and traffic and other important information.
- WingX Pro7 supports 1090 MHz ADS-B traffic as well as 978 MHz ADS-B.
- WingX Pro7’s moving map highlights obstacles on enroute charts and dynamically declutters the screen as the user pinch-zooms.
- WingX Pro 7 is compatible with Aspen's Connected Panel technology.
- WingX Pro 7 was recognized by ANN as the "Best Aviation Software at Oshkosh 2011"
- WingX Pro7’s Synthetic Vision depicts 3D terrain using a high-resolution terrain database, obstacles using a comprehensive obstacle database, and airport runways.
FMI: www.wingx.com. Oshkosh Display Booth #4069
Also: Zero-G Engine Repo, Collier Trophy, EAA Addresses FAA Hangar Use, CAF's Dallas Air Expo While it comes as no surprise to those of us that have had to deal with Cirrus Aircraf>[...]
Klyde May Set A Record For The Number of People He's Gonna Tick Off With This One... FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]
“Our team organized the WWII Air Expo as a way to thank residents for welcoming the CAF to North Texas. We will fill the Dallas sky with the largest fleet of World War II bom>[...]
Sport Pilots Have A Choice Of Flying An Airplane That Is Built To FAA Standards Or To ASTM Standards, And It Helps To Understand The Difference Whether an airplane is built to FAA >[...]
Flight Hours Per Aircraft Have Doubled Since First Flight In 1994 With its maiden flight on September 13, 1994, the popular Beluga cargo aircraft, affectionately named after the wh>[...]