Tue, Jun 12, 2012
Federal Dollars Allocated For GA Airport Improvement In Vermont, Maine
Five Vermont airports are in line for $1.2 million in FAA funds to conduct repairs and enhancements, the state’s congressional delegation – Sen. Patrick Leahy, Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rep. Peter Welch – announced last week. The funds will be shared among Burlington International Airport, Middlebury State Airport, Rutland/Southern Vermont Regional Airport, Caledonia County Airport (Lyndonville) and William H. Morse State Airport (Bennington).
In a joint statement, Leahy, Sanders and Welch said, “In a rural state like Vermont, regional airports help connect Vermont businesses and individuals to the world. Ensuring the reliability and safety of these regional hubs is incredibly important to Vermont’s economy.”
The Vermont airport to receive funding include:
- Burlington International Airport – $272,070. This project will rehabilitate the existing taxiway pavement. The taxiway connects the terminal to the runway.
- Middlebury State Airport – $180,000. This project will extend the runway safety area, the surface surrounding the runway that reduces the risk of damage to airplanes in the event of an undershoot, overshoot or excursion from the runway.
- Rutland/Southern Vermont Regional Airport – $400,000. This grant will fund the replacement of obstruction lights, which help visually identify obstructions or hazards to air navigation.
- Caledonia County Airport/Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport – $200,000. This grant will fund runway rehabilitation projects.
- William H. Morse State Airport (Bennington) – $150,000. This grant will fund a runway rehabilitation project.
Not too far away, the FAA is awarding over $600,000 in AIP grants to four airports in Maine, according to the Associated Press. The money is slated for design work on a terminal building at Hancock County-Bar Harbor airport in Trenton, rehabilitation of the apron at Dexter Regional Airport, snow removal equipment at Eastport Municipal Airport, and an updated airport master plan for Millinocket Municipal airport.
Also: New Airborne Host Brianne Cross, NTSB Won't Reopen 'Big Bopper' Case, Barnstorming, Dava Newman, NASA Budget, Star Wars UAVs, 757 Bug Research Blue Origin’s Jeff Bezos >[...]
"The 777-300ER forms the backbone of our long-haul fleet. We operate the largest 777-300ER fleet in Asia, and this super-efficient long haul aircraft allows us to operate multiple >[...]
Elevated Convection Convection occurring within an elevated layer, i.e., a layer in which the lowest portion is based above the earth's surface. Elevated convection often occurs wh>[...]
Aero Linx: Greater Philadelphia Chapter, Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. On March 29, 2007 the Tuskegee Airmen were awarded THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL in recognition of their Outstanding M>[...]
Asterion Software Will Modernize NH90 Helicopter Sims The German Bundeswehr is currently upgrading its helicopter training program with simulation technology from Rheinmetall. In M>[...]