Tue, Jun 12, 2012
Federal Dollars Allocated For GA Airport Improvement In Vermont, Maine
Five Vermont airports are in line for $1.2 million in FAA funds to conduct repairs and enhancements, the state’s congressional delegation – Sen. Patrick Leahy, Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rep. Peter Welch – announced last week. The funds will be shared among Burlington International Airport, Middlebury State Airport, Rutland/Southern Vermont Regional Airport, Caledonia County Airport (Lyndonville) and William H. Morse State Airport (Bennington).
In a joint statement, Leahy, Sanders and Welch said, “In a rural state like Vermont, regional airports help connect Vermont businesses and individuals to the world. Ensuring the reliability and safety of these regional hubs is incredibly important to Vermont’s economy.”
The Vermont airport to receive funding include:
- Burlington International Airport – $272,070. This project will rehabilitate the existing taxiway pavement. The taxiway connects the terminal to the runway.
- Middlebury State Airport – $180,000. This project will extend the runway safety area, the surface surrounding the runway that reduces the risk of damage to airplanes in the event of an undershoot, overshoot or excursion from the runway.
- Rutland/Southern Vermont Regional Airport – $400,000. This grant will fund the replacement of obstruction lights, which help visually identify obstructions or hazards to air navigation.
- Caledonia County Airport/Rutland Southern Vermont Regional Airport – $200,000. This grant will fund runway rehabilitation projects.
- William H. Morse State Airport (Bennington) – $150,000. This grant will fund a runway rehabilitation project.
Not too far away, the FAA is awarding over $600,000 in AIP grants to four airports in Maine, according to the Associated Press. The money is slated for design work on a terminal building at Hancock County-Bar Harbor airport in Trenton, rehabilitation of the apron at Dexter Regional Airport, snow removal equipment at Eastport Municipal Airport, and an updated airport master plan for Millinocket Municipal airport.
Only Time Will Tell If The Booster Is Truly Reusable On November 23, 2015 Blue Origin achieved a first in rocketry and spaceflight history when their New Shepard launch vehicle suc>[...]
Facility Earmarked For Work On Falcon 8X And Falcon 5X Airplanes Dassault Falcon Jet has completed another major expansion of its Little Rock Completion Center that will add 350,00>[...]
First-Ever Forum Of Its Type Draws Over 800 International Officials Over 800 Ministers and senior officials from States, UN and international organizations have gathered at the Hea>[...]
Kremlin Say There Was No Violation Of Turkish Airspace Tensions between Russia and Turkey, and by extension NATO, escalated Tuesday when a Russian Su-24 was shot down by Turkey aft>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2015-23-06 PRODUCT: Certain Airbus Model A330-200, A330-300, and A340-300 series airplanes.>[...]