Wed, Sep 14, 2016
Things To Know When You Send A News Release
Aero-News gets hundreds of releases every week, ranging from industry giants like Boeing and Cessna to the smallest of flying clubs and the most quaint of air shows.
We appreciate every one of those releases -- news is news, after all, and we want to be an information outlet for everyone.
After having seen the best and the worst in press releases over the years, we have some ideas to help companies do so much more to help themselves, both with ANN and with the general media.
- Send pictures. That goes for clipart, logos and digital snapshots. "Art" is precious to print media types like us. If you're promoting someone, send a picture! That way, you get your company's logo in the story and the person you're talking about gets his or her picture on the web (not recommended for those who are deeply in debt or wanted by the law).
- Make sure the pictures are relevant to the story.
- Add quotes. Quotes are pictures painted with words. We really like quotes.
- Don't get fancy. When inserting the aforementioned quotes in a story, you don't have to agonize over ten different ways to say "he said." That'll do just fine, actually.
- Always include a web reference. Every story we publish at Aero-News has an "FMI" line. That's a web address or email that readers can use to obtain more information.
- Keep it short. Brevity is a happy thing.
- Email submissions work best at ANN. Phone calls are certainly welcome, but emails are much more effective.
- Work in advance. Don't send something to any news organization without as much lead time as possible.
- When sending a release to ANN, send it to email@example.com. If you send it to any other mailbox, it could get lost.
If you have questions, ask us. Perhaps you've noticed already, but we're very responsive to our readers. When we get your email, we make every effort to reply within 24 hours -- and often reply within six hours. Don't be afraid to drop us a line and ask our advice. After all, this is your publication and you deserve to be in it!
Also: GPS Sat, Aero-Calendar, B-21 Raider, Boeing 777X, Tecnam P2002JF, NBAA Honors Louis Seno, Alaska-Virgin Merger EAA has reached a major milestone, as the association has surpa>[...]
Paves The Way For 60-Satellite Constellation To Deliver High-Resolution Satellite Imaging The BlackSky Pathfinder-1 satellite was successuflly launched into a sun synchronous orbit>[...]
Arriving Helo Blew Several Canoes Into A Crowd On Shore It was supposed to be the celebration of the introduction of a new program to introduce young kids to the Boy Scouts. It wou>[...]
First-Time Skydiver And Instructor Fatally Injured In August The FAA has determined that a first time skydiver and his instructor were fatally injured in an accident August 6th, 20>[...]
Balloting To Take Place From October 16 - 31 Southwest Airlines Co. has announced that the Executive Board of Transport Workers Union (TWU) Local 556, the Union that represents our>[...]