Thu, Jul 19, 2012
Oshkosh 2012 Sponsor: Sonex Aircraft, LLC
Sonex Aircraft, LLC is a leader in the experimental kit aircraft industry, providing a series of Sport Pilot eligible kit aircraft and producing the AeroConversions line of products which include the AeroVee engine, AeroInjector and ancillary aviation products.
Sonex Aircraft’s Sonex, Waiex, and Onex sport planes, and the Xenos sport motorglider offer outstanding performance in an easy to build, easy to fly kit package that can be purchased and completed with full technical support at an unrivaled price. Sonex Aircraft builders and pilots can be found all over the globe with a rapidly expanding worldwide fleet. Sonex builders have created one of the most enthusiastic grass-roots peer support networks in the homebuilt aircraft community via our online discussion groups and builder-driven type clubs and events.
Sonex is heavily invested in new product development with the Hornets’ Nest Research & Development center. Hornets’ Nest R&D is focused on providing simple, elegant and low-cost solutions for today’s sport pilot with the Sonex and AeroConversions product line. At the same time, the Hornets’ Nest is keeping an eye toward the future of recreational flying with groundbreaking projects such as the E-Flight electric propulsion system and the SubSonex very, very light jet concept.
Sonex Aircraft, LLC is committed to providing the recreational aviation community innovative, cost-effective and efficient aircraft kits, powerplants, and accessories and supporting them with industry-leading customer service. In addition, Sonex provides leadership to the grass-roots homebuilt community to protect the experimental-amateur built rules and cultivates new pilots and airplane builders through educational efforts. Our Vision: To continue the Sonex Aircraft heritage of Product Innovation, Affordability, Simplicity, Versatility, Performance, Engineering, and Quality and to expand these themes into a broader aviation marketplace.
Simply put, Sonex Aircraft and AeroConversions products provide the best performance per dollar. Check us out at www.SonexAircraft.com and www.AeroConversions.com or visit our booth display at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2012 in the North Aircraft Display Area, Booth 622.
Did You Know? Cool Facts About Sonex
- Sonex founder and president John Monnett is the designer of the Sonerai Formula Vee racer from the early 1970’s, as well as the Monerai sailplane, Moni motorglider, and the world-record holding Monex racer.
- In addition to the Onex single-place aircraft’s folding-wing feature, the rest of the Sonex fleet of designs feature easily removable wings…just like a glider!
- Sonex Aircraft includes comprehensive step-by-step installation manuals for factory-approved engine installations, leaving no detail to chance.
- In addition to manufacturing airframe kits, Sonex Aircraft also produces the AeroConversions line of products, featuring the 80hp AeroVee Engine Kit and the widely-popular AeroInjector throttle body injector.
- The AeroVee has been installed in many different homebuilt airframe designs and the AeroInjector can run on any 4-stroke engine between 30 and 125 horsepower.
- The AeroInjector does not require the installation of carb heat. It’s design makes it impervious to icing. Sonex aircraft and other designs have been flying with AeroInjectors for years with no carb heat, and no problems.
- The Sonex, Waiex and Onex aircraft models are all available in either Tail Wheel or Tri-Gear configurations.
- All models of Sonex Aircraft (other than the SubSonex) with all supported engine options, are all Sport Pilot Legal aircraft.
- Sonex Aircraft’s fastest model (other than the SubSonex) can cruise at 170 mph TAS @ 8,000 feet, yet is still a Sport Pilot legal aircraft. The most popular model, an AeroVee powered Sonex, can cruise at 150 mph TAS @ 8,000 feet.
- All models of Sonex Aircraft are aerobatic, approved to +6 and -3 G’s with wide safety margins built-in: Sonex Aircraft are some of the strongest aircraft in the kit built market today, pound for pound.
- Sonex Aircraft are great on grass strips, and many Sonex Aircraft owners base their planes out of grass fields 100 percent of the time.
- You could by a $100,000 LSA, or you could build a Sonex Aircraft and $buy about 16,500 gallons of 100LL avgas, giving you enough fuel to fly with for the next 47 years or to circumnavigate the globe 28.5 times.
- Sonex Aircraft kits now feature a large number of matched holes, allowing you to cleco assemblies together right out of the box!
Also: Disruptive Innovation, V22 Ospreys, USAF Lets Bluebook Loose, Dawn and Ceres, FAASTeam Virtual Safety Stand Down As SpaceX’s Elon Musk pushes ahead on his development o>[...]
Things To Know When You Send A News Release Aero-News gets hundreds of releases every week, ranging from industry giants like Boeing and Cessna to the smallest of flying clubs and >[...]
Nearly 130,000 Pages Of Documents Posted On The Internet The storied USAF Project Blue Book has been published online ... including nearly 130,000 pages of declassified UFO records>[...]
"That's going to be the initial focus over the next year. Certainly in the next year-and-a-half or so, we will be far enough along in continuing (tactics development) to develop a >[...]
Aero Linx: A-4 Skyhawk Association An affiliation of individuals who have flown, maintained, (or who simply love) the "A-4 Skyhawk"; and who are dedicated to the perpetuation of th>[...]