Mon, Apr 04, 2005
The Cost Of Freedom Remains High...
Nine Airmen were killed in an
MC-130H Combat Talon II aircraft crash in Albania on March 31,
Special Operations Command Europe officials announced April 4. The
Airmen were supporting a joint training mission with the Albanian
- Capt. Todd Bracy, 34, of Murphysboro, Ill.
- Capt. James Cronin, 32, of Oak Grove Village, Ill.
- Capt. Gil Williamson, 31, of Dike, Texas.
- Capt. Surender Kothakota, 30, of Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1st Lt. Ray Owens Jr., 32, of Birmingham, Ala.
- Chief Master Sgt. Lawrence Gray, 40, of Chester, S.C.
- Tech. Sgt. James Henry, 30, of Valparaiso, Fla.
- Tech. Sgt. Glenn Lastes, 39, of Southington, Conn.
- Staff Sgt. Patrick Pentico, 22, of Hanksville, Utah.
Eight of the Airmen were assigned to the 7th Special Operations
Squadron, and Sergeant Lastes was assigned to Detachment 2, 25th
Intelligence Operations Squadron.
"I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of these brave
young Airmen," said Army Brig. Gen. Thomas Csrnko, commander of
Special Operations Command Europe. "We all share in the sorrow and
pain of their loss. We will not forget their sacrifice, and we
stand ready to support their families at this difficult time."
A board of officers is investigating the incident.
Also: Holland Wants Gold, FAA Strangling UAVs?, RAF WWII Trainer For Sale, Bf109s Live, Georgia v Aerospace Engineers The Aircraft Electronics Association has released its third-qu>[...]
“The NASA Student Launch – now in its 15th year – has engaged hundreds of students and educators in real-world scenarios that solve complex engineering challenges>[...]
Airborne Communications Are One Of The Strengths Of Business Aviation At NBAA2014 ANN CEO and Editor-In-Chief, Jim Campbell, checked in on the world of airborne communication. Ther>[...]
"Reaching this stage that we call ATLO is a critical milestone. This is a very satisfying point of the mission as we transition from many teams working on their individual elements>[...]
Reportedly Purchased Through 'Dealers' Despite Embargo An Iranian company has acquired four Robinson R44 helicopters despite international trade sanctions against that country due >[...]