Mon, Apr 04, 2005
The Cost Of Freedom Remains High...
Nine Airmen were killed in an
MC-130H Combat Talon II aircraft crash in Albania on March 31,
Special Operations Command Europe officials announced April 4. The
Airmen were supporting a joint training mission with the Albanian
- Capt. Todd Bracy, 34, of Murphysboro, Ill.
- Capt. James Cronin, 32, of Oak Grove Village, Ill.
- Capt. Gil Williamson, 31, of Dike, Texas.
- Capt. Surender Kothakota, 30, of Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1st Lt. Ray Owens Jr., 32, of Birmingham, Ala.
- Chief Master Sgt. Lawrence Gray, 40, of Chester, S.C.
- Tech. Sgt. James Henry, 30, of Valparaiso, Fla.
- Tech. Sgt. Glenn Lastes, 39, of Southington, Conn.
- Staff Sgt. Patrick Pentico, 22, of Hanksville, Utah.
Eight of the Airmen were assigned to the 7th Special Operations
Squadron, and Sergeant Lastes was assigned to Detachment 2, 25th
Intelligence Operations Squadron.
"I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of these brave
young Airmen," said Army Brig. Gen. Thomas Csrnko, commander of
Special Operations Command Europe. "We all share in the sorrow and
pain of their loss. We will not forget their sacrifice, and we
stand ready to support their families at this difficult time."
A board of officers is investigating the incident.
Countries From Around The World Participated In The 38th World Military Parachuting Championship Competition In Indonesia The competition is part of a program administered through >[...]
NBAA/CAN Soiree One of the much-anticipated events of the NBAA conference, being held this year in Orlando.>[...]
A fixed, nozzle shaped opening near the leading edge of a wing that ducts air onto the top surface of the wing.>[...]
“SNC is offering access to crewed or uncrewed space missions." Source: John Roth, vice president of business development for SNC’s Space Systems.>[...]
Get Aero-News Delivered To Your E-Mail We know you, like many of our readers, make it a point to check out the latest news and information daily on Aero-News... but did you know th>[...]