Mon, Apr 04, 2005
The Cost Of Freedom Remains High...
Nine Airmen were killed in an
MC-130H Combat Talon II aircraft crash in Albania on March 31,
Special Operations Command Europe officials announced April 4. The
Airmen were supporting a joint training mission with the Albanian
- Capt. Todd Bracy, 34, of Murphysboro, Ill.
- Capt. James Cronin, 32, of Oak Grove Village, Ill.
- Capt. Gil Williamson, 31, of Dike, Texas.
- Capt. Surender Kothakota, 30, of Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1st Lt. Ray Owens Jr., 32, of Birmingham, Ala.
- Chief Master Sgt. Lawrence Gray, 40, of Chester, S.C.
- Tech. Sgt. James Henry, 30, of Valparaiso, Fla.
- Tech. Sgt. Glenn Lastes, 39, of Southington, Conn.
- Staff Sgt. Patrick Pentico, 22, of Hanksville, Utah.
Eight of the Airmen were assigned to the 7th Special Operations
Squadron, and Sergeant Lastes was assigned to Detachment 2, 25th
Intelligence Operations Squadron.
"I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of these brave
young Airmen," said Army Brig. Gen. Thomas Csrnko, commander of
Special Operations Command Europe. "We all share in the sorrow and
pain of their loss. We will not forget their sacrifice, and we
stand ready to support their families at this difficult time."
A board of officers is investigating the incident.
NTSB Denies FAA's Right to Penalize UAS PIlot Remember Raphael "Trappy" Pirker? When last we wrote about this fellow, he was dealing with a recalcitrant FAA who had asserted that h>[...]
Brings Company Into Compliance With All State Regulations For Medical Transport The state of Nevada has fully licensed Angel MedFlight Worldwide Air Ambulance to transport patients>[...]
Also: Trig TT31 Update, Barnstorming--GA Wimping Out, Gone West: MiG Designer Belyakov, Zenith's 10000 Plan! When the FAA opened the door for easier angle of attack (AoA) indicator>[...]
Space Telescope Science Institute Welcome to the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) -- home of science program selection, grant administration, planning, scheduling, and pub>[...]
Informs the pilot of the heading he/she should fly. The pilot may have to turn to, or continue on, a specific compass direction in order to comply with the instructions.>[...]