Mon, Apr 04, 2005
The Cost Of Freedom Remains High...
Nine Airmen were killed in an
MC-130H Combat Talon II aircraft crash in Albania on March 31,
Special Operations Command Europe officials announced April 4. The
Airmen were supporting a joint training mission with the Albanian
- Capt. Todd Bracy, 34, of Murphysboro, Ill.
- Capt. James Cronin, 32, of Oak Grove Village, Ill.
- Capt. Gil Williamson, 31, of Dike, Texas.
- Capt. Surender Kothakota, 30, of Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1st Lt. Ray Owens Jr., 32, of Birmingham, Ala.
- Chief Master Sgt. Lawrence Gray, 40, of Chester, S.C.
- Tech. Sgt. James Henry, 30, of Valparaiso, Fla.
- Tech. Sgt. Glenn Lastes, 39, of Southington, Conn.
- Staff Sgt. Patrick Pentico, 22, of Hanksville, Utah.
Eight of the Airmen were assigned to the 7th Special Operations
Squadron, and Sergeant Lastes was assigned to Detachment 2, 25th
Intelligence Operations Squadron.
"I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of these brave
young Airmen," said Army Brig. Gen. Thomas Csrnko, commander of
Special Operations Command Europe. "We all share in the sorrow and
pain of their loss. We will not forget their sacrifice, and we
stand ready to support their families at this difficult time."
A board of officers is investigating the incident.
AirVenture Is Coming To Life At Wittman Regional Airport There was a high overcast over Wittman Regional Airport Saturday afternoon, and a breeze from west was threatening to bring>[...]
Apps Will Transition To Outside Company AOPA is exiting the electronic flight bag (EFB) market, and the association’s existing products, the FlyQ EFB iPad application and rel>[...]
"The AEA is thrilled to debut this year's Pilot's Guide to Avionics at AirVenture, and our staff looks forward to giving complimentary copies to all the pilots and aircraft owners >[...]
New Helicopter To Increase Support, Safety And Effectiveness Of Law Enforcement Missions MD Helicopters held a ceremonial delivery of a new MD 500E helicopter for the Polk County, >[...]
Free Distribution Begins At AirVenture Published annually by the Aircraft Electronics Association, the 2014-15 edition of the Pilot's Guide to Avionics will be unveiled with free d>[...]