Mon, Apr 04, 2005
The Cost Of Freedom Remains High...
Nine Airmen were killed in an
MC-130H Combat Talon II aircraft crash in Albania on March 31,
Special Operations Command Europe officials announced April 4. The
Airmen were supporting a joint training mission with the Albanian
- Capt. Todd Bracy, 34, of Murphysboro, Ill.
- Capt. James Cronin, 32, of Oak Grove Village, Ill.
- Capt. Gil Williamson, 31, of Dike, Texas.
- Capt. Surender Kothakota, 30, of Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1st Lt. Ray Owens Jr., 32, of Birmingham, Ala.
- Chief Master Sgt. Lawrence Gray, 40, of Chester, S.C.
- Tech. Sgt. James Henry, 30, of Valparaiso, Fla.
- Tech. Sgt. Glenn Lastes, 39, of Southington, Conn.
- Staff Sgt. Patrick Pentico, 22, of Hanksville, Utah.
Eight of the Airmen were assigned to the 7th Special Operations
Squadron, and Sergeant Lastes was assigned to Detachment 2, 25th
Intelligence Operations Squadron.
"I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of these brave
young Airmen," said Army Brig. Gen. Thomas Csrnko, commander of
Special Operations Command Europe. "We all share in the sorrow and
pain of their loss. We will not forget their sacrifice, and we
stand ready to support their families at this difficult time."
A board of officers is investigating the incident.
Klyde's Still On SpaceX's Case... As Usual FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]
Eighth Successful First Stage Landing/Recovery Looked Almost Easy... They're back in the ISS delivery business as a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket lifted off at 9:39 a.m. EST, Sunday. Abou>[...]
Textron Aviation Selects Napa Jet Center For Maintenance Of Bonanza/Baron Series Napa Jet Center (KAPC) has been selected by Textron Aviation to add the Beechcraft Authorized Servi>[...]
“One of the main uses for the UAS will be for high-risk situations such as someone barricaded in a home or building. The UAS will allow us to get a bird’s-eye view and >[...]
Will Be Employed For A Variety Of Law Enforcement Operations Sheriff Neil Godfrey announced today that the Moore County Sheriff’s Office has purchased an Unmanned Aircraft Sy>[...]