Mon, Apr 04, 2005
The Cost Of Freedom Remains High...
Nine Airmen were killed in an
MC-130H Combat Talon II aircraft crash in Albania on March 31,
Special Operations Command Europe officials announced April 4. The
Airmen were supporting a joint training mission with the Albanian
- Capt. Todd Bracy, 34, of Murphysboro, Ill.
- Capt. James Cronin, 32, of Oak Grove Village, Ill.
- Capt. Gil Williamson, 31, of Dike, Texas.
- Capt. Surender Kothakota, 30, of Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1st Lt. Ray Owens Jr., 32, of Birmingham, Ala.
- Chief Master Sgt. Lawrence Gray, 40, of Chester, S.C.
- Tech. Sgt. James Henry, 30, of Valparaiso, Fla.
- Tech. Sgt. Glenn Lastes, 39, of Southington, Conn.
- Staff Sgt. Patrick Pentico, 22, of Hanksville, Utah.
Eight of the Airmen were assigned to the 7th Special Operations
Squadron, and Sergeant Lastes was assigned to Detachment 2, 25th
Intelligence Operations Squadron.
"I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of these brave
young Airmen," said Army Brig. Gen. Thomas Csrnko, commander of
Special Operations Command Europe. "We all share in the sorrow and
pain of their loss. We will not forget their sacrifice, and we
stand ready to support their families at this difficult time."
A board of officers is investigating the incident.
Safety Or Retribution? The Supreme Court Will Decide The U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on December 9, 2013 in the case Wisconsin Airlines Corporation v Hoeper. The ca>[...]
I Thought This Should Be Seen... And Said Thought/Opinions/Commentary by Jim Campbell, ANN CEO/Editor-In-Chief Nearly two months ago, ANN covered the fact that the Department of De>[...]
"The U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on December 9, 2013 in the case Wisconsin Airlines Corporation v Hoeper. The case will have great significance to the flying public>[...]
Will Install Ku-Satellite Technology For International Service The FAA has granted an STC to inflight wireless company Gogo for the installation of its Ku-satellite technology on B>[...]
"(The) successful launch of the NROL-39 mission is a testament to the tremendous government-industry partnership. We greatly appreciate the teamwork with the NRO Office of Space La>[...]