Mon, Apr 04, 2005
The Cost Of Freedom Remains High...
Nine Airmen were killed in an
MC-130H Combat Talon II aircraft crash in Albania on March 31,
Special Operations Command Europe officials announced April 4. The
Airmen were supporting a joint training mission with the Albanian
- Capt. Todd Bracy, 34, of Murphysboro, Ill.
- Capt. James Cronin, 32, of Oak Grove Village, Ill.
- Capt. Gil Williamson, 31, of Dike, Texas.
- Capt. Surender Kothakota, 30, of Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1st Lt. Ray Owens Jr., 32, of Birmingham, Ala.
- Chief Master Sgt. Lawrence Gray, 40, of Chester, S.C.
- Tech. Sgt. James Henry, 30, of Valparaiso, Fla.
- Tech. Sgt. Glenn Lastes, 39, of Southington, Conn.
- Staff Sgt. Patrick Pentico, 22, of Hanksville, Utah.
Eight of the Airmen were assigned to the 7th Special Operations
Squadron, and Sergeant Lastes was assigned to Detachment 2, 25th
Intelligence Operations Squadron.
"I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of these brave
young Airmen," said Army Brig. Gen. Thomas Csrnko, commander of
Special Operations Command Europe. "We all share in the sorrow and
pain of their loss. We will not forget their sacrifice, and we
stand ready to support their families at this difficult time."
A board of officers is investigating the incident.
Also: Hartzell/Red Bull, GA Coalition, Aero-Calendar, Commemorative Air Force, Sarah Brightman To ISS, Hot Air Balloon Endurance Record The pilot of a single engine Cirrus SR22 air>[...]
Gives Inside-The-Cockpit Look At The Prototype Electric Trainer Pipistrel on Monday released a video showing an inside-the-cockpit view of their new WattsUp electric trainer ... a >[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-26-08 PRODUCT: All Airbus Model A330-200, -200F, and -300 series airplanes.>[...]
The Google Lunar XPRIZE The Google Lunar XPRIZE consists of $30 million in prizes designed to inspire pioneers to do robotic space transport on a budget. Teams from around the worl>[...]
A set of rules and procedures designed to increase the flexibility of user flight planning within published guidelines.>[...]