Mon, Apr 04, 2005
The Cost Of Freedom Remains High...
Nine Airmen were killed in an
MC-130H Combat Talon II aircraft crash in Albania on March 31,
Special Operations Command Europe officials announced April 4. The
Airmen were supporting a joint training mission with the Albanian
- Capt. Todd Bracy, 34, of Murphysboro, Ill.
- Capt. James Cronin, 32, of Oak Grove Village, Ill.
- Capt. Gil Williamson, 31, of Dike, Texas.
- Capt. Surender Kothakota, 30, of Fayetteville, N.C.
- 1st Lt. Ray Owens Jr., 32, of Birmingham, Ala.
- Chief Master Sgt. Lawrence Gray, 40, of Chester, S.C.
- Tech. Sgt. James Henry, 30, of Valparaiso, Fla.
- Tech. Sgt. Glenn Lastes, 39, of Southington, Conn.
- Staff Sgt. Patrick Pentico, 22, of Hanksville, Utah.
Eight of the Airmen were assigned to the 7th Special Operations
Squadron, and Sergeant Lastes was assigned to Detachment 2, 25th
Intelligence Operations Squadron.
"I extend my deepest sympathies to the families of these brave
young Airmen," said Army Brig. Gen. Thomas Csrnko, commander of
Special Operations Command Europe. "We all share in the sorrow and
pain of their loss. We will not forget their sacrifice, and we
stand ready to support their families at this difficult time."
A board of officers is investigating the incident.
Also: Eclipse Improvements, AEA Urges NextGen GA Fund Adoption, FAA OKs External Cams, GA Accident Rate Declines The FAA has granted an STC to Cool City Avionics for the installati>[...]
Compiled By The Staff and Readership of the Aero-News Network, Airborne, and Aero-TV (Part 1) For quite a while, we have recognized the highs and lows inherent in the general and s>[...]
Aviation Volunteers And Organizations Honored For Public Benefit Flying The National Aeronautic Association, in partnership with the Air Care Alliance, a nationwide league of human>[...]
Klyde Gets Recurrent... On An Installment Plan FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]
"Volunteers in aviation and those who support them are the heart and soul of charitable aviation, and the work they perform is invaluable. They fly needy patients for care, inspire>[...]