Sat, Feb 27, 2010
Committee Chairs Announced For Coming Year
The newly restructured NASA
Advisory Council recently concluded its second meeting, held last
week at NASA Headquarters in Washington. This was the first council
meeting including all of the committee Chairs and other appointed
members, completing the restructuring process NASA Administrator
Charles Bolden began in fall 2009.
The council provides advice and recommendations to the NASA
administrator about agency programs, policies, plans, financial
controls and other matters related to the agency's
"I'm very excited about the council's new structure," said NASA
Advisory Council Chairman Kenneth M. Ford. "I have the greatest
confidence that the committees will provide the full council with
the best possible recommendations for Administrator Bolden's
The council and its nine committees meet on a quarterly basis
throughout the year in public and fact-finding sessions. The
- Aeronautics Committee: Marion Blakey, Chair.
- Audit, Finance and Analysis Committee: Robert M. Hanisee,
- Commercial Space Committee: Brett Alexander, Chair.
- Education and Public Outreach Committee: Miles O'Brien,
- Exploration Committee: Richard Kohrs, Chair.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Committee: retired Air
Force Lt. Gen. Albert Edmonds, Chair.
- Science Committee: Wesley T. Huntress, Jr., Chair.
- Space Operations Committee: retired Air Force Col. Eileen M.
- Technology and Innovation Committee: Esther Dyson, Chair.
Ex-Officio Members: Charles Kennel, Chair, Space Studies Board,
National Academies, and Raymond Colladay, Chair, Aeronautics and
Space Engineering Board, National Academies
Also: Chris Heintz, Lear 70/75 Certs, Beluga Birthday, Leap Frogs 9/11 Jump Cancelled, Lawyers Sue NTSB The Commercial Spaceflight Federation congratulates NASA and the winners of >[...]
NASA Down-Selects Spacecraft For The “Commercial Crew” Program Just after 4:00 pm Eastern Time, NASA Administrator Charlie Bolden announced the agency’s choice of>[...]
Small But Feature-Packed, The Discovery Lite Impresses While at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2014, ANN’s News Editor, Tom Patton, checks in at the MGL exhibition to see how glass p>[...]
Committee Judge Ruled That Thom Richard Crossed The Showline, Was Disqualified Sunday, Sept. 14 concluded what was one of the most competitive National Championship Air Races in re>[...]