Sat, Feb 27, 2010
Committee Chairs Announced For Coming Year
The newly restructured NASA
Advisory Council recently concluded its second meeting, held last
week at NASA Headquarters in Washington. This was the first council
meeting including all of the committee Chairs and other appointed
members, completing the restructuring process NASA Administrator
Charles Bolden began in fall 2009.
The council provides advice and recommendations to the NASA
administrator about agency programs, policies, plans, financial
controls and other matters related to the agency's
"I'm very excited about the council's new structure," said NASA
Advisory Council Chairman Kenneth M. Ford. "I have the greatest
confidence that the committees will provide the full council with
the best possible recommendations for Administrator Bolden's
The council and its nine committees meet on a quarterly basis
throughout the year in public and fact-finding sessions. The
- Aeronautics Committee: Marion Blakey, Chair.
- Audit, Finance and Analysis Committee: Robert M. Hanisee,
- Commercial Space Committee: Brett Alexander, Chair.
- Education and Public Outreach Committee: Miles O'Brien,
- Exploration Committee: Richard Kohrs, Chair.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Committee: retired Air
Force Lt. Gen. Albert Edmonds, Chair.
- Science Committee: Wesley T. Huntress, Jr., Chair.
- Space Operations Committee: retired Air Force Col. Eileen M.
- Technology and Innovation Committee: Esther Dyson, Chair.
Ex-Officio Members: Charles Kennel, Chair, Space Studies Board,
National Academies, and Raymond Colladay, Chair, Aeronautics and
Space Engineering Board, National Academies
Also: Aerion Takes Orders, API Partner EAA, 'Fly Along' Case Resolved, BASE Jump Tragedy, Electromagnetic Catapult, Gulfstream G650ER, Piper M500 With the FAA still stuck in the mu>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2015-10-05 PRODUCT: Airbus Helicopters (previously Eurocopter France) Model AS365N3, EC155B, and EC155B1 helicopters with an external life raft in the footsteps with cer>[...]
MILAVIA MILAVIA, military aviation, is what you are going to find here! The site starts with modern combat aircraft, focusing on main fighters, ground attack aircraft and bombers t>[...]
The angle between the deflected flap and the chord line.>[...]
“The restrictions that the town has adopted, by its own calculations, would prohibit a significant share of all airport operations.” Source: Excerpt from a complaint co>[...]