Sat, Feb 27, 2010
Committee Chairs Announced For Coming Year
The newly restructured NASA
Advisory Council recently concluded its second meeting, held last
week at NASA Headquarters in Washington. This was the first council
meeting including all of the committee Chairs and other appointed
members, completing the restructuring process NASA Administrator
Charles Bolden began in fall 2009.
The council provides advice and recommendations to the NASA
administrator about agency programs, policies, plans, financial
controls and other matters related to the agency's
"I'm very excited about the council's new structure," said NASA
Advisory Council Chairman Kenneth M. Ford. "I have the greatest
confidence that the committees will provide the full council with
the best possible recommendations for Administrator Bolden's
The council and its nine committees meet on a quarterly basis
throughout the year in public and fact-finding sessions. The
- Aeronautics Committee: Marion Blakey, Chair.
- Audit, Finance and Analysis Committee: Robert M. Hanisee,
- Commercial Space Committee: Brett Alexander, Chair.
- Education and Public Outreach Committee: Miles O'Brien,
- Exploration Committee: Richard Kohrs, Chair.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Committee: retired Air
Force Lt. Gen. Albert Edmonds, Chair.
- Science Committee: Wesley T. Huntress, Jr., Chair.
- Space Operations Committee: retired Air Force Col. Eileen M.
- Technology and Innovation Committee: Esther Dyson, Chair.
Ex-Officio Members: Charles Kennel, Chair, Space Studies Board,
National Academies, and Raymond Colladay, Chair, Aeronautics and
Space Engineering Board, National Academies
Also: Red Arrows Cut, Aero-Calendar, FAA v Amazon, Miracle Flights, Accident Investigation, Giant Planets, Real Estate Drones The Canadian Forces Snowbirds put on one heck of a sho>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2016-13-05 PRODUCT: All General Electric Company (GE) GE90-76B, GE90-77B, GE90-85B, GE90-90B, and GE90-94B turbofan engines.>[...]
AD NUMBER: 2016-13-03 PRODUCT: All The Boeing Company Model 767 airplanes.>[...]
FAA Aircraft Certification Registration Inquiry The Aircraft Registration Inquiry database provides aircraft registration information through fourteen different queries.>[...]
A TFR is a regulatory action issued by the FAA via the U.S. NOTAM System, under the authority of United States Code, Title 49.>[...]