Sat, Feb 27, 2010
Committee Chairs Announced For Coming Year
The newly restructured NASA
Advisory Council recently concluded its second meeting, held last
week at NASA Headquarters in Washington. This was the first council
meeting including all of the committee Chairs and other appointed
members, completing the restructuring process NASA Administrator
Charles Bolden began in fall 2009.
The council provides advice and recommendations to the NASA
administrator about agency programs, policies, plans, financial
controls and other matters related to the agency's
"I'm very excited about the council's new structure," said NASA
Advisory Council Chairman Kenneth M. Ford. "I have the greatest
confidence that the committees will provide the full council with
the best possible recommendations for Administrator Bolden's
The council and its nine committees meet on a quarterly basis
throughout the year in public and fact-finding sessions. The
- Aeronautics Committee: Marion Blakey, Chair.
- Audit, Finance and Analysis Committee: Robert M. Hanisee,
- Commercial Space Committee: Brett Alexander, Chair.
- Education and Public Outreach Committee: Miles O'Brien,
- Exploration Committee: Richard Kohrs, Chair.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Committee: retired Air
Force Lt. Gen. Albert Edmonds, Chair.
- Science Committee: Wesley T. Huntress, Jr., Chair.
- Space Operations Committee: retired Air Force Col. Eileen M.
- Technology and Innovation Committee: Esther Dyson, Chair.
Ex-Officio Members: Charles Kennel, Chair, Space Studies Board,
National Academies, and Raymond Colladay, Chair, Aeronautics and
Space Engineering Board, National Academies
Also: Bell 505 Update, Mooney Update, UAV Hysteria, AAR Sells Telair, True Blue Power, More UAV Waivers, Flyers Rights The Bombardier CSeries CS300 airliner made its first flight t>[...]
Get Your Wacky Ideas In NOW! ANN E-I-C Note: Folks... we gotta warn you... based on all the nonsense we've had to endure in 2014-2015 (which we are duty-bound to lampoon), this may>[...]
Systems To Be Installed In New Helicopters And Fixed Wing Fleet Becker Avionics has reached an agreement with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) Office of Air Operations, which wi>[...]
Latest Order Valued At $130 Million For Dreamliners Rolls-Royce has been selected by All Nippon Airways (ANA) to provide Trent 1000 engines, worth $130 million, to power three addi>[...]
Klyde Fears FAA's Enforcement Objectives... FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]