Mon, Jul 23, 2012
Also Rolls Out New KMA 30 Audio Aircraft Control System
Equipping pilots with sophisticated tools to simplify flight operations, Bendix/King revealed myWingMan, a flight planning and in-flight navigation support application Sunday evening at AirVenture. The myWingMan application provides full enroute navigation on a moving map display, real-time weather information, and synthetic vision for improved flight navigation and safety.
myWingMan features an advanced synthetic vision system, which increases situational awareness by providing pilots with a real-time view of the location of the aircraft with relation to surrounding terrain and a compelling 3-D virtual view outside the cockpit, unencumbered by clouds, fog or darkness. It also offers Preflight planning, including a unique Smart Routing function, which automatically plots the best and most fuel efficient flight route and altitude, and sophisticated weather capabilities including airborne XM satellite weather that enables pilots to improve decision-making around inclement weather.
Other features include:
- Seamless interaction with certified aircraft systems, including the ability to synchronize flight plans and other data from myWingMan into the selected panel avionics such as the Bendix/King KSN 770 using the Aspen Connected Panel™ system.
- A clean user interface with both two- and three-way split-screen views of available charts and data so pilots can view multiple windows of information at one time and swap views by a simple drag-and-drop gesture.
The company also announced new KMA 30 Bluetooth-enabled audio panel that enables simplified and always connected wireless communications in the cockpit.
The KMA 30 is a six-place (intercom for use in two-six seat aircraft) audio panel that improves pilots’ flexibility and control of all radio and audio systems. It includes the following features:
- Flexible radio and music distribution is easily controlled during flight and enables the pilot to adjust how radio communications, cell phone audio and entertainment are distributed throughout the cockpit and to the passengers.
- Secondary radio monitoring options include Isolate mode, which ensures that communications on the primary radio are always heard; the secondary entertainment radio is automatically muted when frequency transmissions overlap.
- Pilot-controlled Bluetooth integration with cell phones and portable entertainment devices eliminates the need for audio wires in the cockpit.
- Recording and playback of recent radio transmissions through the approach control ensure that critical communications are received and understood, improving pilot and passenger safety.
“Pilots today are seeking to simplify and streamline their cockpit operations. Our new myWingMan app and KMA 30 audio panel help them do just that,” said Kevin Gould, president of Bendix/King. “By providing enhanced functionality at a low cost, we’re bringing innovative and intuitive products back into the cockpit.”
The myWingMan application will be offered as a free 60-day trial application in the near future. Following the trial period, myWingMan will be available via an annual subscription of $99 for VFR chart capabilities and $149 for IFR chart capabilities.
The new KMA 30 audio panel will be available starting July 23, 2012, for $2,300 (U.S.) MSRP from authorized Bendix/King dealers.
Also: Parrot Layoffs, CES/AMA Expo/KSMO, 737 SAIB, Piper PA-31T, John Pope, Washington State, JetBlue Disturbance Pending sanctioning from the recognizing organizations, it looks l>[...]
"But, all is not right in NIMBYville... the internal infighting among the foes of the airport has become quite public and quite vicious. Anti-airport NIMBYs are accusing the city g>[...]
February 4th 'Protest' Promises Disruptions Of Law-Abiding Aero-Businesses The foes of aviation surrounding Santa Monica are making threats to further disrupt aviation business at >[...]
Klyde Jumps On The Medical Reform Bandwagon... and Misses FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]
Updates Information Originally Published In 2015 Duncan Aviation wants to ensure that our customers, who share our passion for flying, are well-informed when it comes to the FAA&rs>[...]