Sat, Jul 28, 2012
A Truly Innovative Oshkosh 2012 Sponsor: Aspen Avionics
Aviation enthusiasts founded Aspen Avionics, based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in 2004. The company specializes in bringing the most advanced technology and capability from the commercial and business aviation markets into general aviation cockpits.
Its products increase situational awareness and reduce pilot workload, making it even easier and safer to fly in both VFR and IFR conditions.
The company’s philosophy is that getting the latest avionics technology shouldn’t always mean spending a lot of money—on equipment or on installation.
Aspen’s flagship product line is the Evolution Flight Display system, the most innovative—and affordable—glass cockpit system ever for certified general aviation aircraft and for the rotorcraft market.
The Evolution system enables aircraft owners to upgrade their primary flight instrument “six pack” to glass cockpit technology all at once, or in stages. Easy and inexpensive software upgrades add new features and capabilities, while future proofing the system and protecting owners’ investments.
The steady stream of product enhancements and upgrades makes the Aspen philosophy a reality.
Aspen has seen many major milestones since the Evolution Primary Flight Display (PFD) system was first certified in March 2008. The Multi-function Flight Display (MFD) was certified in September 2009. Aspen’s MFDs are built on the same certified hardware and software platform as the award-winning PFDs, and feature high resolution moving maps, terrain awareness, and traffic displays, Stormscope® WX-500, and a suite of the XM WX® aviation weather products (with compatible sensors).
Led by industry veteran John Uczekaj, Aspen Avionics’ team of top talent—with deep roots in aviation product development and certification—will continue to grow the company’s business through pioneering solutions for the general aviation market.
Did-You-Know? -- Cool Facts About Aspen Avionics
- The Evolution Flight Display System is certified for installation in more than 900 aircraft and Aspen has a customer base of over 5000.
- As an optional expansion to Aspen system, Evolution Synthetic Vision presents a real-time 3D rendered view of terrain, traffic, and other hazards.
- Evolution Synthetic Vision comes standard with full-time integrated Terrain Warning System to warn you when terrain or obstacle collision is imminent.
- Evolution Synthetic Vision combines terrain and flight path marker coloring, caution and warning text and an audio warning signal to create a dynamic alerting system to keep you safe in all phases of flight.
- Activating the TWS feature on Evolution Synthetic Vision allows alerts to be displayed even when the synthetic vision view is not selected. That's full-time, see and avoid protection!
- Evolution Synthetic Vision is an easy software upgrade via the front-load micro SD card slot, and with breakthrough pricing, it is the industry's best value in synthetic vision technology.
- Aspen offers the only fully redundant PFD solution on the market with its Evolution 2000 or 2500 Package. A single button push turns the MFD 1000 into a fully functional backup PFD.
- With PFD solutions starting around $10K, investing in quality certified glass panel technology is more affordable than you might think.
- Future customers can view aircraft just like theirs at Aspen’s online Customer Gallery. The Gallery features over 200 customer submissions with photos and unedited stories about the Aspen experience. Visit the Customer Gallery at www.aspenavionics.com/customergallery
- Aspen’s world-class customer and dealer support makes the company unique. Aspen is as excited about bringing new technology to market as our customers are about using it. Exceptional customer service and support makes the transition to glass easy.
- Aspen’s flexible installation options allow aircraft owners to upgrade their panels all at once — or in stages. Aspen’s full-featured glass panel displays are highly compatible with the avionics already installed in most aircraft.
- Aspen continues to collaborate with other industry leaders to deliver upon our philosophy of openness and interoperability, enabling new options for owners to update their aircraft with advanced, best-of-breed avionics capabilities.
- The Pro Primary Flight Display features: airspeed and altitude tapes, altitude alerter with separate approach minimums alerting, built-in GPS steering (with compatible GPS navigators), full electronic HSI, course deviation and more!
- All Aspen displays have built-in battery backup to provide 30 minutes of use in the unfortunate event of losing electrical power.
- Aspen protects owners’ investment in glass panel technology by continually developing new features, functionality, and integration capabilities.
Aspen Avionics News
Also: SAFE, PC-12 Theft Thwarted, MyGoFlight Heli Solutions, Updated: Bell 412EPI, Big Bell 'Relentless' Deal The AgustaWestland AW609 TiltRotor program has achieved a key mileston>[...]
Actor, Pilot, And Aviation Advocate Went Down On A California Golf Course Harrison Ford sustained moderate injuries Thursday when the the airplane he was piloting ... which appears>[...]
Winter Weather Can Sometimes Put A Crimp On Recreational Flying Unless You Have Snow Skis, Tundra Tires, Or An Ice Runway The question is; what does Alton Bay, NH have in common wi>[...]
No Injuries Among The 127 Passengers Aboard The MD-88 A Delta Airlines MD-88 with 127 passengers and five crew on board arriving from Atlanta skidded off the runway at LaGuardia Ai>[...]
Flying Stuart Little's Airplane Got a little one at home? Try your tyke out on the free online airplane game, "Flying Stuart Little's Aeroplane.">[...]