Tue, Aug 09, 2005
Second Time's The Charm?
NASA will have several opportunities to land Discovery Tuesday,
both at the Kennedy Space Center and two backup sites.
Times are approximate and subject to change. All times EDT:
- Primary landing site:
Kennedy Space Center
- 5:07 a.m. landing (de-orbit burn at 4:01 a.m.)
- 6:43 a.m. landing (de-orbit burn at 5:37 a.m.)
- First backup site: Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
- 8:12 a.m. landing (de-orbit burn at 7:06 a.m.)
- 9:47 a.m. landing (de-orbit burn at 8:44 a.m.)
- Second backup site: White Sands Test Facility, N.M.
- 6:39 a.m. landing (de-orbit burn at 5:33 a.m.)
- 8:13 a.m. landing (de-orbit burn at 7:09 a.m.)
There are landing opportunities Wednesday at all three sites, if
Says Model Aircraft Pilots Have 'Set The Example' For UAV Operations For Decades Pilots of model aircraft have been safely operating UAVs in the national airspace for decades, acco>[...]
Celebrates Past, Present And Future With Record Attendance Women in Aviation, International (WAI) hosted its 25th annual conference with three days jammed with activities to honor >[...]
Also: Trig TT31 Update, Barnstorming--GA Wimping Out, Gone West: MiG Designer Belyakov, Zenith's 10000 Plan! When the FAA opened the door for easier angle of attack (AoA) indicator>[...]
Also: Russian 'Bear' For Sale, Project Morpheus, Bahamas Jacks Prices On GA, AC/DC Drummer Keeps Ticket This year’s Women in Aviation Conference, the 25th such event, was to >[...]
AD NUMBER: 2014-05-04 PRODUCT: Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH (Eurocopter) Model MBB-BK 117 C-2 helicopters with a jettisonable sliding door (door) installed.>[...]