Wed, Jan 11, 2017
The Sonex And Waiex Model B Airplanes have now been joined by the B-Model Xenos Motorglider
Sonex Aircraft has just announced their new Xenos B-Model aircraft kit! Sonex says the Xenos-B combines all of the enhancements of the Sonex and Waiex B-Models with the motorglider performance and value of the Xenos. The Xenos-B is available to order now, with a Complete Airframe Kit base price of $27,495. Kit shipments are estimated to begin in March of this year.
"We're very excited to bring the huge improvements of the Sonex and Waiex B-Models to the Xenos motorglider," writes Sonex Aircraft General Manager Mark Schaible. "This change has been requested by many prospective Xenos Motorglider customers and brings all of our two-place aircraft up to the same enhanced B-Model specification. B-Model fuselage changes for the Xenos also bring expanded payload opportunities to the Teros UAV program, which we are continually developing in-conjunction with Navmar Applied Sciences Corporation."
Xenos B-Model enhancements include:
- More Room and Comfort.
- Sonex and Waiex B-Models are enlarged via straightening of the forward fuselage sides, and feature improved creature comforts.
- More width and comfort at the shoulders, hips, knees and feet.
- Seat back is moved aft, and new seating geometry accommodates taller individuals. Staggered seating is available via upholstery seat back cushions.
- Center “Y-Stick” offers dual controls with easier cockpit entry and roomier seating.
- The enlarged B-Model instrument panel offers plenty of space for today’s popular dual-screen avionics installations (including the MGL iEFIS Explorer 8.5” displays) with room to spare.
More Engine Options:
- A new Universal Cowl is designed to fit many popular engine options. Builders can experience the same great firewall-forward support for AeroVee/AeroVee Turbo and Jabiru engines, and in addition, B-Model engine mounts are available for UL Power and Rotax 912-series engines.
- The new B-Model fuel tank holds 20 US gallons – a 4-gallon increase over the original Xenos!
More Standard Features and Less Build Time:
- Xenos B-Model kits come with more of what builders need to finish their aircraft in the shortest time possible.
- Machined Angle Components Included.
- AeroBrake Hydraulic Brakes Included.
- Dual Throttle Quadrants Included.
- AeroConversions Trim System Included.
- ABS Molded Cockpit Side Panels, Cable and Pushrod Fairings Included.
- Precision-molded cowling is installed quickly and easily.
- Engine mount bolts quickly and accurately to the airframe.
- More laser-cut, formed and machined parts to reduce fabrication time and ease construction.
- Machined Canopy Bows for easier canopy installation with a perfect fit.
Sonex says the best part of a Sonex Aircraft is the way it flies, and the B-Model Xenos will be no-exception. Lightening the aircraft in key areas without sacrificing structural integrity gives the B-Model a very similar weight despite its larger size. Takeoff, climb, cruise, stall, and landing specifications are the same between B-Models and the original generation aircraft. More engine options with 100 hp or more offers more options for enhanced performance with a B-Model.
The Xenos can either be flown as a Sport Pilot/LSA, or it can be flown by pilots that hold a glider rating with a self-launch glider endorsement. The Xenos can be flown as a powered aircraft, a self-launched glider that soars with the engine off, or it can motor-soar over great distances with incredible fuel economy. The Xenos also comes standard with utility wing tips that can be easily removed to allow the aircraft to fit inside a 40 foot hangar, and can be quickly interchanged with optional aerobatic wingtips.
(Image provided by Sonex Aircraft)
Also: Parrot Layoffs, CES/AMA Expo/KSMO, 737 SAIB, Piper PA-31T, John Pope, Washington State, JetBlue Disturbance Pending sanctioning from the recognizing organizations, it looks l>[...]
"But, all is not right in NIMBYville... the internal infighting among the foes of the airport has become quite public and quite vicious. Anti-airport NIMBYs are accusing the city g>[...]
February 4th 'Protest' Promises Disruptions Of Law-Abiding Aero-Businesses The foes of aviation surrounding Santa Monica are making threats to further disrupt aviation business at >[...]
Klyde Jumps On The Medical Reform Bandwagon... and Misses FMI: www.klydemorris.com>[...]
Updates Information Originally Published In 2015 Duncan Aviation wants to ensure that our customers, who share our passion for flying, are well-informed when it comes to the FAA&rs>[...]