Sun, Dec 04, 2011
We're continue to get RAVE reviews over the debut of Airborne...
and great ideas as to where we need to broaden our horizons as we
continue to develop this program.
Episode Three continues the weekly series of Aero-News programs
that are evolving into something even more amazing over the next
few weeks. As matter of fact, this episode is solid 22 minutes in
length! Keep in mind that we're still early in an evolving program
of news offerings -- and that we at ANN don't play with the status
quo very well or for very long. We have AGGRESSIVE and innovative
plans for 'Airborne.' We will finish out the rest of 2011 as a
weekly and have plans to dramatically up the stakes as 2012
commences... and not just in terms of frequency but in a wide
variety of truly exciting and innovative ways...
And as we've emphasized previously, like all things ANN, you
ain't seen nothing yet.
Airborne 12.02.11 is chock full of info about the week or so
preceding this extensive episode... Presented by Aero-TV veteran
videographer and Airborne Host Ashley Hale, this episode
- Boeing reaches a comprehensive agreement with the IAM!
- AMR Corp files for Chapter 11 reorganization.
- An e-mail forwarded to ANN Tuesday indicates that some pilots
who retired from American Airlines may become CH 11 creditors.
- United Continental Holdings has been granted FAA approval for a
single operating certificate.
- Robert L. Sumwalt was sworn in Tuesday for his second five-year
term as a member of the NTSB.
- The FAA has posted a Flight Advisory alerting pilots in much of
the Southeast US that GPS interference testing started December
- A Eurocopter AS-350-B2 helicopter in Auckland, New Zealand, was
involved in a spectacular crash seen live on a web video
- Jim Campbell has more on the US Air Force blocking Hawker
Beechcraft from bidding on a contract to build the new LAS.
- The UK MoD has sold some 72 surplus Harrier jets to the US
Marine Corps for use as spare parts.
- This week, on Barnstorming, we have a bit of a surprise for
you.... The first person to take us up on our offer to contribute a
Barnstorming editorial is none other than Craig Fuller, himself. In
his first appearance on Airborne, Craig addresses AOPA’s
ambitions for the coming year...
- Boeing is evaluating the future of its modification center in
- This week's AVW - the Aero-Video of the Week -- features
"Jetman," AKA Yves Rossy.
- The NTSB has a prelim on the accident that killed Oklahoma
State's women's head basketball coach and several others.
- The FAA has granted an STC to Harrison Aero for the Commander
112 and 114 elevator spar cracking issue that prompted an AD.
- NASA began a historic voyage to Mars with the launch of MSL,
the Mars Science Laboratory, from Cape Canaveral.
- United Launch Alliance says it has passed a Design Equivalency
Review for the Atlas Five.
- One of ANN's favorite events, each year, is our annual trek to
I/ITSEC... the Mecca of military simulation and education
technology and innovation. ANN's Jim Campbell reports.
- The FAA has ordered airlines to remove the emergency oxygen
generators in airliner lavatories... in the meantime, we get to
hold our breaths... literally.
All this and more are presented on the latest edition of
'Airborne' -- an innovative programming initiative from the
Aero-News Network... the aviation world's most comprehensive news
and information resource!
Department Seeks Grants To Help Keep Aircraft Flying The police department in Toledo, OH may be forced to ground its helicopter unless it is able to identify a grant for the $300,0>[...]
Despite What Appeared To Be A Decent Ditching Effort, An Outstanding Pilot Was Lost The airshow community has suffered its second tragedy in nearly as many weeks as long-time warbi>[...]
"Putting the world's largest satellite constellation into orbit is an enormous task and Arianespace is ideally suited to launch the initial constellation, allowing OneWeb to start >[...]
Good News, Bad News... It's ALL News As the preeminent online aviation news resource out there, the editorial staff at Aero-News sees a large number of news releases. We look at al>[...]
Empire Aviation Group Selects Honeywell Technologies For Its Entire Fleet Honeywell has signed an agreement with Empire Aviation Group to provide its full suite of GoDirect connect>[...]